The Institute of Acoustics is in the process of applying to the Engineering Council for a license to offer EngTech registration. This is a level of professional registration for those who can demonstrate that they:
• apply safe systems of work;
• contribute to either the design, development, manufacture, commissioning, decommissioning,
operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes or services;
• provide supervisory or technical responsibility;
• have effective interpersonal skills in communicating technical matters; and
• possess a commitment to professional engineering values.
Technician members of the IOA are the most likely members to be eligible to gain this level of professional recognition. Successful candidates will be able to use the letters TechIOA EngTech after their name showing that they are professionally registered with the Engineering Council in the same way as IEng and CEng. This is a growing part of the register demonstrating the essential contribution that technicians make to the world of engineering.
We are looking for a small group of volunteers to work with us as we put the necessary systems and processes in place to gain this license.
If you would like to be part of this group, please send us an email with EngTech in the subject line and a brief career history to email@example.com