By Edith Borowicz, Education Officer
9th September, 2019
We have a few places left to join our upcoming short course running w/c 30th September 2019 in Birmingham for The Institute of Acoustics (IOA) Certificate of Competence in Workplace Noise Risk Assessment (CCWNRA ).
The course runs for 5 days and the MAKE UK Member rate is £1,300+ VAT with the non-member rate £1,495.
Who to contact?
The course is provided by the MAKE UK Technology Hub, contact details:
Joanne Parry Make UK Technology Hub, Nobel Way, Birmingham B6 7EU, UK
Tel: 0121 331 3939 / 07795 416 601 (Direct Dial)
What’s it about?
This Course provides in-depth practical training in how to assess the noise hazards in your workplace and identify the best ways to reduce exposure.
It also enables you to advise and assist employers on meeting the requirements of the Noise at Work Regulations 2005. The IOA Certificate is particularly suitable for:
• Safety professionals
• Environmental health officers
• Anyone responsible for noise risk assessments at work Successful completion of the Certificate in Workplace Noise Assessment.
The IOA Certificate of Competence in Workplace Noise Risk Assessment course covers:
• Identifying noise hazards
• Identifying the best means of safeguarding the hearing of yourself and others
• Identifying suitable hearing protection
• Assessing daily noise exposure levels
• Noise control techniques
• Assessing the effectiveness of noise control measures
• Advising and assisting employers on meeting the legal requirements relating to workplace noise
You can also contact me directly if you have any questions by email Edith.Borowicz@ioa.org.uk or call the IOA office on +44 (0) 300 999 9675 during office hours.