Acoustics Bulletin September-October 2020 issue
The September/October 2020 issue of Acoustics Bulletin will be with members shortly and it includes:
• Details of Acoustics 2020, which will be held as a virtual conference this year, between 5th and 9th October.
• A reminder that the deadline for the IOA awards is 1st October 2020 so you still have time to submit your entry. (Go to www.ioa.org.uk/about-us/awards).
• A technical contribution explaining how ultrathin sound absorbers that mimic the scales on moths’ wings could find great applications from building acoustics to sonar cloaking.
• Information on the IOA Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control, which can be studied at an accredited centre, but tutored distance learning is also a convenient option if that suits you better.
• An introduction to your new IOA Council Members.
• Encouragement to join the IOA Early Careers Group, which provides a point of reference for professionals in the early stages of their careers.
• A study on how COVID-19 has impacted the UK acoustics and photonics industries, and
• How, despite the pandemic, STEM acoustics ambassadors have continued to lay the foundations for an influx of future school-leavers and academics into the acoustics profession.
The deadline for the next issue (November/December 2020) issue is Thursday 1st October 2020 at the latest please. If you have a technical article that you’d like to submit for consideration, please email the editor at nickyr [at] warnersgroup [dot] co [dot] uk